Spaghetti alle Vongole
Spaghetti alle vongole is an Italian classic as easy to cook and prepare as it is delicious. Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: super easy
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 500 gr of small fresh clams in shells
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- half a glass of white wine [ I used a DO Empordà 😉 to cook and also to pair the dish]
- 180 gr spaghetti
- sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and 1 dried chillies
- Put water for the spaghetti on to boil. Rinse the clams several times in cold water and discard anyone that it is open or damaged.
- Cook spaghetti as per pack instructions.
- Put and heat 4 generous lugs of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan, chop the garlic and the chilli and fry them gently of a few seconds. Add the chopped cherry tomatoes, the clams and the wine, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bring everything to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid, shuffle the pan and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, the clams will start to open.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the parsley and stir it together. Add some extra parsley and olive oil.
- Serve right away in bowls and with some fresh bread to mop up the juices.